Thursday, December 25, 2008

Bangalore Diaries..oops Bengaluru Diaries

My second visit to the once upon a time "garden city of india", and now the current IT hub of the city. I was staying at my cousin's place . And me, being "almost like a newcomer " to this place, she offered to give a tour of b'lore city. It began with lifestyle, moved onto brigade road with a culmination in Garuda shopping mall.. I basically wanted to check out Crossroads, while my cousin pointed out that books come WAY cheaper in the footpaths. As I was moving down the escalator, I spotted a senior of mine. She did too, came forward, then realised that i was on the escalator. In my excitement and joy(that generally happens when i spot a known face in a sea of unknown faces- mind you we are just hi hello how are you friends), i failed to hear to some angry remark that my cousin made. We reached down and then took another escalator to the top where the senior was . The reunion, well.. as mentioned earlier the degree of our closeness.. we did some small talk and introduced me to her friends, which included a guy.. the only one in their group. Then it struck me odd, that the guy was not looking, let alone smile at me. On the contrary , he constantly kept staring in the opposite direction. After bidding adieus and making no promises at all to keep in touch, my cousin whispered in my ear :"How cheap!! That was that very guy i told you who was winking at me!! Plus such hot chics are standing next to him, yet he could only wink to me. Despo of the first order!!"
"Umm..Did u actually tell me that??"
"Of course!! On the escalator. Gosh!! Which world are you in ?"she said in a frustrated tone (btw m more of a daydreamer)
"I did not hear you. Well.. that explains it. I was wondering, why he was so engrossed in buying nuts that too, that he couldn't even look up?"
Sigh..Some guys.. When will they grow up??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"In my excitement and joy(that generally happens when i spot a known face in a sea of unknown faces"

I feel the same way. I love the surprise of running into familiar faces on the street, even if they are only acquaintances, like yours in this post.

Stupid boy. Sorry to hear it was a less than optimal run-in for you.

Don't you love the malls in India? And the books? My my, the books! I love coming back to the states with suitcases full of books. (They're more expensive here)

Merry Christmas :)

Unknown said...

yup.. i do love the books.. went to that mall 2 check out crossroads.. it is a bookstore with a reading lounge. Sexy place.. plus 4 booklovers, there is this recommended section, . But u cn also buy second hand books on streets. They are way cheaper

swami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swami said...

lol..:) the guy wud have been interesting if he had kept the winking all along the conversation too... but like many others he too proved to be a wannbe...

but wat im doubtful of is, how come ur friend didnt like all tht attention...??? usually girls do like the attention :)

ammu said...

well..the thing was she so ..umm..like me..pavam at hrt and all.. except smarter.. and she's kinda committed..so like duh.. she ll get mad..